[Python-Dev] Re: [Q] patches in maintenace branch

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:54:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thomas Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:45:45PM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>   I'd also like to thank you -- you did a great job as the release
>> manager for 2.1.1!
>
> Pfah, no, I didn't :)

As the author of PEP 6, I want to publicly echo Fred and Tim: the whole
exercise of 2.0.1 and 2.1.1 turned out better than I actually hoped
for.  I did not anticipate such a wholesale migration of minor fixes.

Quite frankly (and I know Tim will agree with me here ;-), I figured a
likely outcome was that the "put up or shut up" of PEP 6 would result in
no action.  I think it's wonderful that that we've already had two
maintenance releases go so smoothly!
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.