[Python-Dev] 2.2 Unicode questions

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:05:21 -0400

[Ken Manheimer]
> (-: I am becoming convinced that Unicode is a multi-national plot to
> take over the minds of our most gifted (and/or most obsessive)
> programmers, in pursuit of an elusive, unresolvable, and ultimately,
> undefinable goal.
>
> To what point?

I'm afraid the universal adoption of the IEEE-754 floating-point standard
took the committe by surprise, and they had to start some other unboundedly
detailed yet inherently futile project lest they find themselves in need of
real jobs.

stare-at-a-zero-width-non-breaking-space-hard-enough-and-you'll-
    find-kahan-staring-right-back-ly y'rs  - tim