[Python-Dev] webbrowser.py broken on Windows; also in 2.1.1

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:57:22 -0500

    Tim> A very recent patch to webbrowser.py broke this module on Windows;
    Tim> the patch also appears in the 2.1.1 maintenance branch.

Ah shit.

This whole branching thing has me very confused, so I don't dare check
anything in.  To get things to work, I think all you need to do at the end
of webbrowser.py is replace the for loop with

    try:
        _iscommand
        for cmd in _tryorder:
            if not _browsers.has_key(cmd.lower()):
                if _iscommand(cmd.lower()):
                    register(cmd.lower(), None, GenericBrowser("%s %%s" % cmd.lower()))
    except NameError:
        pass

My version suddenly looks a hell of a lot different than what I checked in
earlier today.  I suspect someone may have backed stuff out and went too far
back in time.

Skip