[Python-Dev] re with Unicode broken?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:49:36 -0400

> No, the BIGCHARSET support was added to the CVS only recently; this
> bug is not in 2.1. In case it got merged to the 2.2a1 branch, it might
> be worthwhile applying the patch to that branch as well - provided /F
> approves the patch. Or, we could live with the bug until 2.2a2, since
> it only triggers if Unicode character classes are used on a big-endian
> machine.

When you check it in to the trunk, it will be merged into the branch
the next time we do a merge.  We've adopted a policy of "merge early,
merge often", by the way -- my procrastination was ill-guided. :-)

If 2.2a1 receives good marks, we'll do a marge back to the trunk and
then we'll be out of the merge business.