[Python-Dev] A replacement for asyncore / asynchat

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:06:12 +0200

Panu A Kalliokoski wrote:

> Hello all, I've developed a Python module (in Python) to make somewhat
> higher abstraction over select.select(). The package is called
> "Selecting".  The package is somewhat similar to asyncore, but has many
> advantages over it:
>
> [...]
>
> For these reasons, I think that the asyncore package in the Python main
> distribution should be replaced with Selecting or at least Selecting
> should be put in the main distribution.

Is your package backwards compatible to asyncore ? If not, then
it might be a better idea, to place it on the web (e.g. on SourceForge)
and  register the URLs with Parnassus so that Python users can
easily find it.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH