[Python-Dev] descr-branch, ExtensionClasses

Samuele Pedroni Samuele Pedroni <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch>
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:08:19 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi. Some questions:

- What is the probability that descr-branch go in 2.2?
- Will those changes obsolete ExtensionClasses on the long run?

Why the questions:

There is a guy on jython-dev that is trying to port some ExtensionClasses-like functionality
to jython.

Concretely he is fighting with the fact that jython internals are there to make things work,
not to enable extensibility in any explicit way. At least their messy side make me believe that.

My plans were to try to mimick as long as possible the new descr logic in jython 2.2, and try
to polish all the internals accordingly.

So if the answer to both question is yes, I can promise that to the guy, otherwise I have
to be more helpful or diplomatic ...

It's a kind of "political" matter. Samuele.