[Python-Dev] Python 2.1.1

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:33:13 -0500

    Thomas> Both of these are distutils-build related, and I'm not sure on
    Thomas> the 'right' fix on either. The latter also applies to 'bsddb',
    Thomas> by the way, and is especially annoying to me, because I'm
    Thomas> running Debian on more and more machines :) Does anyone who
    Thomas> understands setup.py have time to look at these before a week
    Thomas> from friday, when 2.1.1-final is scheduled ?

I just added another variant (with a patch): bsddb build on Mandrake 8.0 is
broken because it doesn't account for the libdb* shared library when
creating bsddb.so:

    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=440725&group_id=5470&atid=105470

Thomas, I'm not sure if this applies to your Debian build woes, but perhaps
it will help.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@pobox.com)
(847)971-7098