[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Include rangeobject.h,2.16,2.17

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:14:22 -0400

On 08 July 2001, Tim Peters said:
> "The problem" comes up again and again, and in every release (this isn't
> something new!), in the specific context of instance objects.  Like what do
> you do for
>
>     class C:
>         pass
>
>     c = C()
>     print len(c)

Good point -- this is one place where AttributeError is misused and
confusing.  +1 on changing it to TypeError -- this sounds like a
definite usability increase.  (IOW, it won't break *my* code.  ;-)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix nerd                                   gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/