[Python-Dev] "Becoming a Python Developer"

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:58:08 +0200

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 11:03:35AM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> The thing is, I'm not sure how Jython is developed.  Is Finn Bock the
> BDFL, do the developers vote, or what?  (Same question for .NET.)  If
> some Jython development offered to contribute a description, I
> certainly wouldn't turn it down.

I always find myself thinking the BDFL job covers the *language* 'Python'
more than the CPython implementation, and in that respect Guido is the BDFL
of all implementations :) If you look at BDFL pronouncements, they are
usually about semantics and syntax.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>