[Python-Dev] "Becoming a Python Developer"

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 09:48:13 -0700

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > >Explaining the distinction would be helpful, and you could add that
> > >for Java programmers, participating in Jython would be a logical step.
> >
> > The thing is, I'm not sure how Jython is developed.  Is Finn Bock the
> > BDFL, do the developers vote, or what?  (Same question for .NET.)  If
> > some Jython development offered to contribute a description, I
> > certainly wouldn't turn it down.
>
> I really don't know how Jython is developed, but Finn and Samuele are
> on this list.  I expect it's more democratic.  I think .NET is purely
> an ActiveState venture -- Paul Prescod may care to comment.

For the purposes of Andrew's document, Mark Hammond, of ActiveState, is
the BDFL on the .NET research project, which shouldn't be considered at
the same level of maturity as Jython by any means.  In other words, it's
fun, but it's not useful yet.

-- David Ascher
   ActiveState

   New! ASPN - ActiveState Programmer Network
   Essential programming tools and information
   http://www.ActiveState.com/ASPN