[Python-Dev] Nightly CVS tarballs

Finn Bock bckfnn@worldonline.dk
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:58:38 GMT

>  MAL> I just got a request from someone who wants to test the latest
>  MAL> CVS version but unfortunately can't because he's behind a
>  MAL> firewall.
>
>  MAL> Is there any chance of reactivating the nightly tarball
>  MAL> generation that was once in place ?
>
>  MAL> 	http://www.python.org/download/cvs.html

[Jeremy]

>I plan to set up nightly cvs snapshots soon.  We should be moving into
>our new office next week; I hope to have a machine that is on the net
>24x7 shortly after that.

FWIW, I have been using this cron and shell script running on
shell.sourceforge.net. This way I don't need 24x7 in order to make a cvs
tarball (and .zip) available.

22 2 * * * $HOME/bin/jython-snap

SHOTLABEL=`date +%Y%m%d`
LOGLABEL=log.`date +%Y%m%d`
cd /home/groups/jython/htdocs/cvssnaps
(cvs -Qd :pserver:anonymous@cvs1:/cvsroot/jython checkout -d
jython-$SHOTLABEL jython && \
  tar zcf jython-nightly.tar.gz jython-$SHOTLABEL && \
  rm -fr jython-nightly.zip && \
  zip -qr9 jython-nightly.zip jython-$SHOTLABEL && \
  rm -fr jython-$SHOTLABEL) >$LOGLABEL 2>&1

regards,
finn