[Python-Dev] problems building Python 2.1a1 on QNX 4.25

Neil Schemenauer nas@arctrix.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:26:12 -0800

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 04:46:13PM -0500, Goodger, David wrote:
> Running ./python results in stack overflow. The old QNX instructions in
> README recommend editing Modules/Makefile:
>     LDFLAGS=    -N 64k
>
>     # make 2>&1 | tee ../make.2

The README should be changed to say edit the toplevel Makefile.
Should those flags be the default?  If you can give me the
MACHDEP from your Makefile I can add it to configure.in.

> QNX doesn't have an 'ld' command. Is configure not getting its info to
> setup.py? (Is it supposed to?)

I'm not sure how distutils figures out what to use for ld.  It
doesn't appear in the Makefile.  It think this is probably some
distutils thing.  Andrew?

  Neil