[Python-Dev] Keyword arg dictionary without keyword arguments

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:39:13 -0500 (EST)

  JJ> I get the impression that I'm currently seeing a non-NULL third
  JJ> argument in my (C) methods even though the method is called
  JJ> without keyword arguments.

  JJ> Is this new semantics that I missed the discussion about, or is
  JJ> this a bug?

This is a bug in the changes I made to the call function
implementation.  I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen to a
function that expected a kw argument but was called without one.  I
thought I saw some crashes when I passed NULL, so I changed the
implementation to pass an empty dictionary.

(Is the correct behavior documented anywhere?)

If a NULL value is correct, I'll update the implementation and see if
I can rediscover those crashes.

Jeremy