[Python-Dev] 2.1 alpha: what about the unicode name database?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:44:14 +0100

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> The name database portions of SF task 17335 ("add
> compressed unicode database") were postponed to
> 2.1.
>
> My current patch replaces the ~450k large ucnhash
> module with a new ~160k large module.  (See earlier
> posts for more info on how the new database works).
>
> Should I check it in?

Since the Unicode character names are probably
not used for performance sensitive tasks, I suggest to
checkin the smallest version possible.

If it is too much work to get Finn's version recoded in C
(presuming it's written in Java), then I'd suggest checking
in your version until someone comes up with a yet smaller
edition.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg