[Python-Dev] autoconfigure patch submitted on SourceForge

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:59:17 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 04:57:58PM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> Umm... the proposed PEP 229 patch would compile a Python binary with
> sre, posix, and strop statically linked; this minimal Python is then
> used to run the setup.py script.  You shouldn't require a preinstalled
> Python, though the current version of the patch doesn't meet this
> requirement yet.

Apologies. I should've bothered to read the PEP first, but I haven't found
the time yet :P I retract all my comments on the subject until I do.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>