[Python-Dev] Re: Patch uploads broken

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:38:15 -0500

[Guido]
> My conclusion: the file upload is refused iff the comment is empty --
> in other words the complaint about an empty comment is coded wrongly
> and should only occur when the comment is empty *and* no file is
> uploaded.  Or maybe they want you to add a comment with your file --
> that's fine too, but the error isn't very clear.
>
> http or https made no difference.  I used NS 4.72 on Linux; Tim used
> IE and had the same results.

BTW, this may be more pervasive:  I recall that in the wee hours, I kept
getting "ERROR: nothing changed" rejections when I was just trying to clean
up old reports via doing nothing but changing the assigned-to (for example)
dropdown list value.  Perhaps they want a comment with every change of any
kind now?