[Python-Dev] More std test breakage

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:06:55 -0500

> Try cvs update.

Already had.

> Lib/getpass.py shouldn't be trying to import TERMIOS anymore.

It isn't.  It's trying to import (lowercase) termios.

> The case mismatch you're seeing is because it can find the now defunct
> TERMIOS.py module but you obviously don't have the termios module.

Indeed I do not.  Ah.  But it *used* to import (uppercase) TERMIOS.  That
makes this a Windows thing:  when it tries to import termios, it still
*finds* TERMIOS.py, and on Windows that raises a NameError (instead of the
ImportError you'd hope to get, if you *had* to get any error at all out of
mismatching case).  So this should go away, and get replaced by an
ImportError, when I check in the "case-sensitive import" patch for Windows.

Thanks for the nudge!