[Python-Dev] The more I think about __all__ ...

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:56:24 -0500

[Guido van Rossum]
> So, no pronouncement from me unless I get more feedback on how harmful
> it's been so far.  Sorry...

Doesn't matter much to me.  There are still spurious regrtest.py failures due
to it under Windows when using -r; this has to do with that importing modules
that don't exist on Windows leave behind incomplete module objects that fool
test___all__.py.  E.g., "regrtest test_pty test___all__" on Windows yields a
bizarre failure.  Tried fixing that last night, but it somehow caused
test_sre(!) to fail instead, and I gave up for the night.