[Python-Dev] Nested scopes resolution -- you can breathe again!

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:34:19 -0500

[Jeremy]
> I think few of us would be interested in making frequent use of it
> to add all sorts of variant language features.  Rather, I imagine
> it would be used only -- or primarily -- to introduce new features
> that will become standard at some point.

In my view, __future__ is *only* for the latter.

Somebody who wants to write a PEP for an analogous scheme keying off, say,
__jerking_off__, is welcome to do so, but anything else would be a 2.2 PEP
at best.

from-__jerking_off__-import-curly_braces-ly y'rs  - tim