[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:17:56 +0100

Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> The scoping rules are, IMHO, the most serious problem listed on the
> Python Warts page, and adding nested scopes fixes them.
There is some truth in this, although most books I know
try hard to explain this. Once you've understood it, it becomes
a second nature to use this knowledge for lambda.

I would consider the type/class split, making something
like ExtensionClass neccessary, much more annoying for
the advanced programmer. IMHO more efforts should go
into this issue _even before_ p3000.

Regards,

Thomas