[Python-Dev] threads and gethostbyname

Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:07:55 +0100

> Under 1.5.2, this worked without a hitch.  However, under 2.0, the
> same program tends to lock up on some computers.  I'm not 100% sure
> (it's a bit hard to debug), but it looks like a global lock
> problem...

> Any ideas?  Is this supposed to work at all?

Can you post a short snippet demonstrating how exactly you initiate
the DNS lookup, and how exactly you get the result back?

I think it ought to work, and I'm not aware of a change that could
cause it to break in 2.0. So far, in all cases where people reported
"Tkinter and threading deadlocks", it turned out that the deadlock was
in the application.

Regards,
Martin