[Python-Dev] Case sensitive import.

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 00:34:23 -0500

[Jason Tishler]
> I'm willing to help develop, test, etc. the Cygwin stuff.  Just let me
> know how I can assist you.

Jason, doesn't the current CVS Python already do what you want?  I thought
that was the case, due to the HAVE_DIRENT_H #ifdef'ery Steven introduced.
If not, scream at me.  My intent is to get rid of the HAVE_DIRENT_H #ifdef
*test*, but not the code therein, and add new versions of MatchFilename that
work for systems (like regular old Windows) that don't support opendir()
natively.  I didn't think Cygwin needed that -- scream if that's wrong.

However, even if you are happy with that (& I won't hurt it), sooner or
later you're going to try accessing a case-destroying network filesystem
from Cygwin, so I believe you need more code to honor PYTHONCASEOK too (it's
the only chance anyone has in the face of a case-destroying system).

Luckily, with a new child in the house, you have plenty of time to think
about this, since you won't be sleeping again for about 3 years anyway
<wink>.