[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/plat-irix5 cddb.py,1.10,1.11

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:58:58 -0500

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 08:44:51AM -0800, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> >String method conversion.

Andrew replied:

> Regarding the large number of string method conversion check-ins: I
> presume this is something else you discussed at LWE with Guido.  Was
> there anything else discussed that python-dev should know about, or
> can help with?

This was Eric's own initiative -- I was just as surprised as you,
given the outcome of the last discussion on python-dev specifically
about this.  However, I don't mind that it's done, as long as there's
no code breakage.  Clearly, Eric went a bit fast for some modules
(checking in syntax errors :-).