[Python-Dev] PEP announcements, and summaries

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 04:11:20 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

> * Try doing some PR for 2.1.

OK, no one is going to enjoy hearing this, and I know this has been hashed
to death, but the major stumbling block for PR for 2.0 was GPL-compat.
I know everyone is doing their best to resolve this problem, and my
heart felt thanks to them for doing this thankless job.

Mostly, PR for 2.1 consists of writing our code using the 2.1 wonderful
constructs (os.spawnv, for example, which is now x-p). I know I'd do
that more easily if I knew 'apt-get install python' would let people use
my code.

--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.