[Python-Dev] PEP announcements, and summaries

Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:11:39 -0500

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:32:00PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Some things which could be done to improve this:
>* add a link to the python-dev archive directly from www.python.org
>* summarize the development process somewhere on python.org and
>  add a link "development" to the page titles

We do need a set of "Hacker's Guide to Python Development" Web pages
to collect that sort of thing; I have some small pieces of such a
thing, written long ago and never released, but they'd need to be
updated and finished off.

And while I'm at it, too, I'd like to suggest that, since python-dev
seems to be getting out of touch with the larger Python community,
after 2.1final, rather than immediately leaping back into language
hacking, we should work on bringing the public face of the community
up to date:

* Pry python.org out of CNRI's cold dead hands, and begin maintaining
  it again.

* Start moving on the Catalog-SIG again (yes, I know this is my task)

* Work on the Batteries Included proposals & required infrastructure

* Try doing some PR for 2.1.

--amk