[Python-Dev] Adding pymalloc to the core (Benchmarking "fun" (was Re: Python 2.1 slower than 2.0))

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:19:36 -0500

    M> I don't understand why we cannot take the risk of trying this
    M> out in an alpha version.

Logistically, we probably need BDFL pronouncement on this and if we're
to get alpha2 out today, that won't happen in time.  If we don't get
the alpha out today, we probably will not get the first beta out by
IPC9, and I think that's important too.

So I'd be +1 on adding it opt-in for beta1, which would make the code
available to all, and allow us the full beta cycle and 2.2 development
cycle to do the micro benchmarks and evaluation for opt-out (or simply
always on) in 2.2.

-Barry