[Python-Dev] Python 2.2.1

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:22:04 +0100

Two questions wrt 2.2.1:

- Is there a timeline for it? I couldn't find one in PEP251 (which
stops at 2.2 final). The reason I ask is that there's a serious flaw
in MacPython (has been there since day one) that renders it useless on
multiprocessor Mac OS X machines. I'm waiting for an external party to
fix this (as the problem is in an external library), but I could put a
bit of pressure on if 2.2.1 is due reasonably soon (as I hope).

- The final bits of the Mac tree havne't been checked in yet, should
we move the release22-maint branch when that's done? Can you move a
branch? How?
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm