[Python-Dev] Python 2.2 final - release branch created

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:28:32 -0500

I've created the Python 2.2 final release branch.  The CVS tag is
different than with the alpha and beta release branches.  Here, it is
called `release22-branch'.  There's also a tag `release22-fork' --
that's the point on the trunk where the branch forks off.  So far the
only change in the branch is the version number.

As usual, no one except Guido and myself (or our authorized bots)
should make checkins to the branch.  Checkins to the trunk and branch
are discouraged unless they fix showstopper bugs in Python 2.2.
Nothing will be merged from the trunk to the branch unless you notify
us, e.g. with a comment in the checkin message.

I'm planning to cut the release tomorrow morning local time, Friday
December 21.

Enjoy,
-Barry