[Python-Dev] regrtest.py mystery

Steven Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:19:13 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Steven Majewski wrote:

>  I have no idea what 'the Right Thing' for Python would be here --
> I'm not quite clear on what you're trying to fix. I'm just
> volunteering an example.

However, I will add that if I *did* need an unload for anything,
I would think the XlispStat semantics: unloading the module
immediately and making any dangling references into exceptions,
or replacing them with references to a reloaded module,
would seem to be more useful than not really unloading it until
all of the references are decremented (if ever) and then
unloading.

I can't think of a case where I would want to unload a module,
where I would not want a dangling reference to something in that
module to generate an exception.

-- Steve