[Python-Dev] RE: [Numpy-discussion] Python 2.2

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:16:27 -0500

> I downloaded and installed 2.2c1 and built the Numeric installers.
> However, when I run them they all fail when the installation begins
> (after one clicks the final click to install) with an access violation.
> I removed any previous Numeric and it still happened.
>
> Building and installing with setup.py install works ok.

I don't know anything about your installers, but could it be that you
were trying to install without Administrator permissions?  That used
to crash the previous Python installer too.  (The new one doesn't, but
it's a commercial product so we can't share it.)