[Python-Dev] regression tests with regrtest.py -r

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:11:31 -0600

    Tim> In case anyone's waiting, stop -- I got sick to death of it, and
    Tim> won't be checking in anything related.  (BTW, there is no
    Tim> test_rlcompleter, of course; it's the combo of test_sundry and
    Tim> test___all__ that screws up (both of those import rlcompleter))

A couple wild-ass-guess ideas:

    * Perhaps more test___all__ smarts are needed?  You added a "known
      skips" list to regrtest.py.  test___all__ could perhaps avoid
      importing any module that's not supposed to work on the current
      platform.

    * How about comparing sys.modules.keys() before and after a test and
      then remove any that were added that are Python modules?  (It's not
      safe to remove extension modules, right?)

calling-it-intractable-means-someone-will-solve-it-ly, y'rs,

Skip