[Python-Dev] memory leaks in 2.2

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 23:14:00 -0500

[Neal Norwitz]
> Here is a list of all the outstanding memory leaks from the
> regression tests.
> All of these leaks have a bug report on SF.
>
> test_descr:	117 bytes (0.0407%)
> test_email:	 30 bytes (0.0149%)
> test_re:	 30 bytes (0.0149%)
> test_richcmp:	 16 bytes (0.0106%)
> test_scope:	 39 bytes (0.031%)
> test_sre:	188 bytes (0.137%)
> test_symtable:	 12 bytes (0.00991%)
> test_unicode:	 66 bytes (0.0224%)
>
> syntax error in interpreter: 38 bytes (0.05%)

Can anyone lend a hand here?  Take a test, stick it in an infinite loop,
watch your process size blow off the roof, then whittle the test down until
the trigger becomes clear.  We found a very serious 2.2 leak today doing
this to test_binop.py, and not even Guido (let alone God ...) knows how many
more may be lurking.  It's not a Good Sign that test_binop has vanished from
the list now but everything else is still there.

have-some-fun-plug-a-leak-ly y'rs  - tim