[Python-Dev] can anonymous bug reports/patches be squelched?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:36:52 -0500

I noticed a bsddbmodule report today and checked it out.  An anonymous
submitter had reported a bug with bsddbmodule.c.  Martin responded with "try
--without-libdb" and asked the person to report whether that helped.  Two
weeks later, after no response from the submitter (how would he have seen
it?), Jeremy closed the bug.

That was the right thing to do under the circumstances, but I would if
there's some way to not allow anonymous bug reports and patches.  It seems
almost impossible to actually get a response back to the submitter in such
cases, so I don't see how you can have a useful dialog about the
report/patch.

Skip