[Python-Dev] copy, len and the like as 'object' methods?

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:37:04 -0400

[Guido]
> > Maybe they are asking the wrong question.  I think that copying
> > isn't all that important in Python -- that's why it's in a
> > module.
[David]
> I'm tired of this argument, so I'll quit.  I'll just say that IMO
> students can't ask the wrong questions.

Not to prolong it, but Guido's comment made me realize that I
haven't imported copy in years. Haven't written a clone()
method in years, either, despite the fact that coming from Java
and C++ that was one of my favorite methods.

get-yourself-a-big-stick-and-teach-'em-Zen-ly y'rs

- Gordon