[Python-Dev] Re: Inline and SWIG

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:31:55 -0700

Note that I know of at least two if not three different inline-like
projects for Python.

One is the compiler module in scipy (Eric Jones & Travis Oliphant):

http://scipy.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/scipy/compiler/doc/readme?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

One is the stuff that Pat Miller from LLNL presented at OSCON in San
Diego, which sounded similar in spirit (alas, I missed the talk, and
don't know anything about its availability -- Pat?), and there was a
third one which I heard mentioned but don't know any details about.
Eric, do you remember what I'm talking about?

I'd recommend that people track down the authors of those modules, as I
do think there is a great opportunity there.  (I take credit for
inspiring Eric Jones by mentioning Inline:: to him in Long Beach =).

--david ascher