[Python-Dev] 2.2a2 release next Wednesday

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:46:29 -0400

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org>:
> Anybody who wants something to show up in 2.2a2 would be wise to check
> it in today or before dawn tomorrow.  Please mail me if you need me to
> wait for something specific.

OK.  Don't wait on this, but I'm going to try to find time to check in
my stuff that provides compilerlike framework support for scripts.

Code is tested, docs are written.  The issue is packaging; I was going
to make it a separate ccframe module, but I'm thinking Greg Ewing's
suggestion that it should live in fileinput is on balance a good one.
But that means I have to merge in the docs.

I'll probably get to this tonight.

To make inexpensive guns impossible to get is to say that you're
putting a money test on getting a gun.  It's racism in its worst form.
        -- Roy Innis, president of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), 1988