[Python-Dev] yield without future statement?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:04:04 -0500

    Guido> Suppose this idea had started differently: as an improvement to
    Guido> dir(), to make it return all the attributes (or at least all the
    Guido> ones that are reasonably discoverable).  I don't think anyone
    Guido> would complain.

Yeah, but there have already been complaints about the change to what dir()
returns for list instances in the context of the 2.2 class/type unification.
I can only suppose there are going to be complaints about other changes
(from other people) if dir() changes in other ways.  That was the main point
of my post.  I probably should have avoided the issue of how verbose the
output might be.

most-people-don't-read-the-docs-ly y'rs,

Skip