[Python-Dev] 2.2a1 patch from PyChecker

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:54:55 -0400

> > (If others agree, we could give you checkin permission so you could check
> > in non-controversial fixes yourself.)
>
> If that meant PyChecker would be a standard part of the Python distribution,
> I would be more than all for it ;)

That's a separate step -- but definitely worth considering.  For now,
I expect that PyChecker's release cycle is so much faster than
Python's that it's better to keep the two separate, but maybe a year
from now PyChecker has grown up enough to do this.  (We could put a
PyChecker snapshot in the Tools directory around release time, but
that's not much use if it keeps changing.)

> But I would like to point out that most
> modules have their own maintainer, and they may have good reasons to code
> like they do, so if Neal does get commit privs, he shouldn't start fixing
> bugs on his own anyway (unless, of course, they're clearly wrong.)

I'm sure Neal will know his limits.  :-)