[Python-Dev] Any objections to adding threading.Timer?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:06:14 -0400

> As you note, I'm actually objecting to the whole Condition.wait()
> feature.  The main problem with this kind of timeout is the way the
> granularity works; there was a recent post to c.l.py where someone
> was complaining that it took a full second to respond to the Event()
> getting set.

Hm, maybe we should think about adding some low-level thing somewhere
so that wait(timeout=...) can be implemented more efficiently?  I
agree that it's ugly now -- busy-waiting with a sleep time doubling
until it reaches 1 second...