[Python-Dev] Any objections to adding threading.Timer?

Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:21:15 +0200

> I'm not objecting, precisely, but I have an allergic reaction to the way
> timed Event() works, even though there's really no other way to work it.
> I think that encouraging people to use it is a Bad Idea.

Can you elaborate in more detail what your concern about the timed
Event() is? This one itself looks fine; if anything, _Condition.wait
looks disturbing. Could you also kindly put your comments into

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=305470&func=detail&aid=428326

There are a number of procedural objections with regard to this patch
(license, missing documentation); if you can add significant technical
objections, that might be a reason to reject it - or to find a better
alternative.

Regards,
Martin