[Python-Dev] Direction of PyChecker

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:15:53 -0400

I'd like to solicit feedback on what everyone thinks about PyChecker.
Specifically, where should it go?  What should it include or not include?
What should the default warnings be?

I've seen some threads on c.l.p that checker might address.
Do you think that there should be something added to the python
FAQ/doc about checker?  I'd be willing to write something.

I'm close to exhausting my list of warnings/checks, let me know
if there are additional warnings/checks you can think of.

Thanks for your input,
Neal

PS I sent a patch to python-dev against 2.2a1, but it's 45k.  So it's awating
moderator approval.  Sorry if this isn't the right venue for patches.