[Python-Dev] Parrot -- should life imitate satire?

Dan Sugalski dan@sidhe.org
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:44:59 -0400

At 11:35 PM 8/7/2001 +0200, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
>The intention of my last meassage was not to shut down discussion with a
>pessimistic argument, I was just trying to pin down the potential problems,
>maybe the tone was a bit bitter...

Nope, not at all--I do intend to reply. (The tone was fine, BTW) The Real
World just got in the way, as it has this annoying tendency to do. :)

As a quick response (this is from memory, so if it makes no sense don't be
surprised), the current Parrot design's adequate for heavy OO, but could be
a lot better. I'm working on that, and as soon as I've a better
under-the-hood design I'll drop a note and everyone can savage it as
appropriate. (And the more the better, honestly)

FWIW I've thrown the first partial draft of the Parrot assembly language
spec out to the wolves. URL and details available to the interested.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk