[Python-Dev] Cleaning up Misc/ directory

Guido van Rossum guido@zope.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:40:17 -0400

> There are a few files in the Misc/ directory that can probably be
> discarded:
>
> BLURB, BLURB.*, and HYPE : several duplicated descriptions of Python.
>                            I volunteer to edit them down to one BLURB file.

I would just delete them -- we have plenty of such material on the
website.

> editline-fix : is the problem and fix described still relevant?

See Skip's response.  Toss it.

> find_recursionlimit.py : unnecessary now that sys.getrecursionlimit()
>                          exists.

Toss it.

> fixfuncptrs.sh : seems to add casts to the type structure in a module

Yeah, drop it.

> RFD : the RFD for comp.lang.python.  Can disappear now that the group
>       has been created.

Hm, *that* one is cute as a historic document.

You can also lose cheatsheet (a *very* old summary, there are much
better ones around), comparisons (we have comparisons on the website
now), faq2html.py (no longer used or relevant), and renumber.py (ditto
-- we now have the FAQ wizard so we no longer maintain the FAQ in text
form).