[guido@zope.com: Re: [Python-Dev] Re: WebDAV in python 2.2?]

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com (Skip Montanaro)
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 23:43:10 -0500

    >> Tests are skipped because imports fail.  Seems reasonable to me that
    >> some tests might be skipped if the network isn't up.  It shouldn't be
    >> difficult to test if test.webdav.org is reachable and skip the davlib
    >> test if it's not.

    Guido> Sure, but only if we absolutely cannot test that module without
    Guido> reaching out over the net.

I thought that was the whole idea of this thread.  There are apparently a
couple fully functional dav servers out there.  In the short-term, I think
it would be better to write a test that relies on them than having to write
a server - no matter how bare bones it is - just to perform some tests of a
client-side library.

who's-going-to-test-the-test-server?-ly y'rs,

Skip