[Python-Dev] Python API version & optional features

Simon Cozens simon@netthink.co.uk
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:54:04 -0700

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 11:13:56AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Given the smiley at the end of your message, I don't know whether you
> > meant your point seriously or not.
>
> The only thing which we require is that a Unicode aware
> extension use at least one of the mangled APIs -- shouldn't
> be much of a requirement, though :-)

My point was that given a Py_UCS2_Foo it should be easy to automatically
produce a Py_UCS4_Foo (or vice versa) so that people who are using the "wrong"
mangled API can still get what they expect.

But I'm probably misunderstanding something.

Simon