[Python-Dev] RE: Outdated Misc/cheatsheet

Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:48:23 -0400

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 08:53:39AM +0100, Simon Brunning wrote:
>Thanks, Andy, but I'm on the Python 2.1 version - it's no more than a week
>away. Honest.

Great!  I'll wait for it, then.

>But I'm not sure about the Type/Class unification stuff - I don't know if
>it's going in, and I don't understand it, either! So here, I could use some
>help.

Guido wrote up a description that's at
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.python.org/pub/www.python.org/2.2/descrintro.html
.  I do plan to write a section on it, now that it seems closer to
inevitable, but I don't think it affects beginner or
intermediate-level programmers much.  Mostly the changes will affect
wizards who want to write ExtensionClass-like things.

And thanks!

--amk