[Python-Dev] Parrot -- should life imitate satire?

Dan Sugalski dan@sidhe.org
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:52:01 -0400

At 11:46 PM 7/31/2001 -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Have you looked at the byte code used in SRE, Python's (mostly)
>Perl-compatible regex package?  Worth a look!

Nope, not yet, but I will. (You folks will end up making a Python
programmer out of me yet, I expect... :)

This and the C extension interface are the two big Python things I've got
on my "must peer deeply into" list. Are there other places I should be
concentrating on? (I'm poking about with the interpreter loop and
associated code, but that's the sort of thing an expert with 20 minutes
free will get me much farther than a week or two with the source)

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk