[Python-Dev] Importing extensions on Windows 95

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:01:33 +1000

> abc/
>     __init__.py
>     mxABC.pyd
>     mamba.dll
>
> mxABC.pyd needs mamba.dll.
>
> > My Win98 box uses absolute paths for all imports when using -vv
>
> Are you sure ? Please CD to the C:\Python21 dir and then try

Right - I am with you now...

> importing extensions using these relative paths. I think we could
> solve the problem by making the pathname which is passed to
> LoadLibraryEx() in dynload_win.c absolute.

Just calling GetFullPathName() before the LoadLibEx() would seem a
reasonable and appropriate patch.  Keeps it a long way from the "*in
general*" Guido was concerned about, and sounds low-risk to me!

Ahh - Guido just OK'd it, so go for it ;-)

Mark.