[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Doc/ref ref3.tex,1.64,1.65 ref5.tex,1.43,1.44

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:09:02 +0200

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 01:00:09PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>   GvR> Log Message: Implement, test and document "key in dict" and
>   GvR> "key not in dict".

>   GvR> I know some people don't like this -- if it's really
>   GvR> controversial, I'll take it out again.  (If it's only Alex
>   GvR> Martelli who doesn't like it, that doesn't count as "real
>   GvR> controversial" though. :-)

> I don't like it either, because it's only clear when it's spelled "for
> key in dict".  It's pretty confusing when it's spelled "for val in
> dict" or even "for x in dict".

> But I'm willing to give it a try for a while.

Same here (don't like right now, can live with it even though my own
experiments w/ innocent colleagues lead me to believe it's not the best
thing to do ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>