[Python-Dev] 2.1c1 on BSDI

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:56:47 +0200

For the record :) Python 2.1c1 performs as expected on BSDI 4.1 and 4.0.1.
That is, there are some crashes, but those were there in 2.0 and 1.5.2 as
well, for the most part, and are test-specific errors in general. We've been
using 2.1b2 (actually slightly newer) on development machines, where it is
used for various tools, and I haven't encountered many bugs yet.

BSDI 4.0.1 still needs to disable threads, but that's a platform bug, not a
Python one.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>